The Second International Annual Conference of the
Moscow Chapter of PMI "Evolution and Management"
On October 13-14, 2005 the PMI Moscow Chapter will hold its second international conference focused on the discussion of applied project management tools and techniques in a modern organization and their further development perspectives.
The PMI Moscow Chapter held its First International Conference on November 30, 2004. The event showed vivid interest in project management of top managers and project managers from quite a few various industries and companies. Since then a lot of changes occurred in project management. The 3rd edition of PMBOK® Guide was simultaneously released in twelve languages, including Russian. Experience has been accumulated on the use of PMI OPM3® maturity improvement tool. Program and portfolio management standard development project is on its final corner. It is the first time when the growth rate of PMP certified specialists is higher than the one of PMI members. The PMP exam itself can now be taken with Russian language assistance. The PMI Moscow Chapter membership has all the chances to double by the end of the year. There is a noticeable growth of the Russian project management professional services market.
This year, Moscow Chapter devotes its Second International Conference “Evolution and Management” to the analysis of changes and progress taken place in Project Management during the last years, as well as to the discussion of perspectives, forecasts and new opportunities for businesses all over the world.
The conference will cover:
- Management of programs and portfolios as an instrument for strategy implementation;
- Use of information systems in Project Management;
- Motivation and management of knowledge and skills of personnel involved in the projects;
- Project Management Office setting up and implementation process;
- Project contracts and procurement Management;
- Project Management in banking technologies;
- and numerous other topical questions.
The attendees will have plenty of opportunities for learning and networking. These opportunities include:
- Plenary session hosted by the PMI Moscow Chapter featuring international guest speakers – October 13, full day
- 8 parallel sessions presented by Moscow Chapter and Sponsors with presentations, discussions and workshops – October 14, full day
- Vendor exhibition – October 13-14, full day
The language of the conference is Russian; the simultaneous translation into English will be available for our guests.
I am looking forward to welcoming you in Moscow.
PMI Moscow Chapter